Effective Date: January 01, 2017.
Thank you for visiting an UBCTV: Urban Broadcasting Network ("UBCTV," "we," "our," or "us") offering. To help inform you, we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the collection and use of information you submit or we collect through our website www.ubctv.com, and our other related mobile websites, services, tools, and other applications (collectively, the "Site"). The Site is owned and operated by UBCTV LLC.
Contents & Summary
Information Collection We collect the following information when you use the Site.
(a) Registration and Account Information: When you create an account or profile on the Site, you voluntarily give us personal information.
(b) Information to Respond to Your Requests: You may also give us your personal information to sign up for our newsletters and other communications.
(c) Social Media Information: If you sign in to your UBCTV account through third-party social media sites like Facebook or Twitter, you agree to give us on-going access to your personal information.
(d) Information About the Friends You Invite to Join UBCTV: If you invite your friends to join UBCTV, you may give us their personal information.
(e) Information From Other Sources: We may, on occasion, combine information from outside sources to customize your experience on the Site.
(f) Information You Post on the Site: You may provide us with information regarding your personal beliefs, opinions, and background by completing a profile, or by posting recommendations, comments, or ratings on the Site.
(g) Mobile Information: We may collect additional information from you if you access our Site through a mobile device (e.g. your unique device identifier, your device's operating system, or the mobile carrier for your phone).
(i) Geolocation: By using the site you expressly consent to our use of your geolocation to respond to your requests.
Uses and Retention We use information collected from you to operate our Site and contact you. Your information is retained for as long as we need it for our business.
Disclosure of Information We may share your personal information and other information we collect with the following entities: (a) UBCTV and the rest of our corporate family including UBCTV Digital LLC,; (b) our service providers; (c) other entities with your consent; (d) legal and law enforcement; (e) others if there is a change of control; (f) ad networks; (g) companies in the mobile app industry; and (h) information you share on the Site.
Your Choices You can control how and when you want to receive notifications from UBCTV on the Site or by following instructions within the notices.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies We use tracking technologies (including cookies) to recognize you, protect your privacy, customize your experience on the Site, and target the content/advertising you see, including providing videos customized to your interests. You consent to our tracking of your video viewing through the Site or third-party social media.
Access and Review Options You can review and edit your personal information by accessing your account on the Site.
California Privacy Rights If you are a California resident, you may request information about our practices related to disclosing your personal information and how we respond to Do Not Track signals.
EEA Privacy Rights If you are a resident of the European Economic Area you may have additional rights.
Third-Parties We are not responsible for the privacy practices of third-party websites that are linked to or from our Site.
Security we protect your personal information using security measures.
Children's Privacy The Site is not intended for children under the age of 13.
International Transfer We store and process your personal information on our computers in the United States.
Scope and Consent
Information We Collect
1. (a) Registration and Account Information:
You can browse the Site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information (e.g., name, email address, phone number, mobile telephone number, and/or physical contact information) about yourself. If you register for an account with us (including through third-party login credentials as described in 2 (c) below), you choose to give us your personal information and are not anonymous to us. When you register an account, create a profile, purchase products or services, or otherwise engage with our Site, you may provide personal information. You may also upload photographs for your account/profile. Personal information is only associated with your account/profile when you sign in as a registered user.
1. (i) Career Information:
The UBCTV Careers sections of the Site give you the opportunity to create an "Application Account" to apply for jobs. To apply for a position, you will need to establish an "Application Account." In order to do so, you will provide us with your email address, password, first and last name, physical address, phone number, career data (e.g., current pay level and desired pay), and other information about you (such as your gender, ethnicity, Veteran, or disability status). UBCTV is an equal opportunity employer. Your email and password will allow you to access your account later. Also, when you apply for a job or authorize us to obtain a consumer report (e.g., background check), we will collect personal and non-personal information (e.g., name, address, telephone number, resume, employment history, reference information, compensation, compensation history, education, social security number and so on).
Visit our Career Policy for more information regarding the types of career information we collect and how we treat it.
1. (b) Information to Respond to Your Requests:
You may give us your personal information so we can send you newsletters and other communications you request. Details of how you can opt-out of receiving any communications from us are detailed in the section headed "Your Choices" below.
2. (c) Social Media Information:
We may offer sign-in services that allow you to use third-party login credentials to access the Site. We also may offer services that allow you to share information with third-party social media websites such as Facebook, Google Plus, Twitter, and others.
1. (d) Information About Others/Inviting Friends:
From time to time you may choose to submit personal information about other people to invite them to join the UBCTV community. Inviting friends is always optional. You should check that your friends consent to your sharing of their personal information before submitting it to us.
2. (e) Information From Other Sources:
The information we collect may be combined with information from outside records (e.g., demographic information, navigation information, and/or additional contact information) that we have acquired in accordance with the law.
3. (f) Content You Post and Associate With Your Profile on the Site:
The community and posting sections of the Site give you an opportunity to provide us with information regarding your opinions and reviews of products. Also, your profile may contain a photograph or other information that identifies you. In addition, the content you post and recommendations you make may provide information about your beliefs to us.
4. (g) Mobile Information:
We may collect additional information from you if you access our Site through a mobile device (e.g. your unique device identifier, device’s operating system, mobile carrier, location or GPS/geo-location).
1. (h) Technical Usage Information:
When you visit our Site, we collect usage information sent to us by your computer, mobile, or other access device that tells us how you are using the Site ("usage information"). We use tracking technologies (including cookies (including cookies stored in HTML-5), web beacons/GIFs, embedded scripts, e-tags/cache browsers) to collect usage information.
We may also collect password information from you when you log in, as well as computer and/or connection information. During some visits we may use software tools to measure and collect session information, including page response times, download errors, time spent on certain pages and page interaction information.
Our goal is to collect and use only that information that we think is required for our legitimate business interests, in order to better understand your interests and improve your experience of using the Site..
1. (i) Geolocation Information:
Uses and Retention
1. (a) Operate Our Site:
We use the information collected to (i) respond to your requests (including career applications); (ii) provide customer service (e.g., to resolve disputes, problems with your account/profile or the Site); (iii) personalize your experience by providing content on the Site, including targeted advertising that we believe may be of most interest to you; (iv) improve the Site; (v) give you information about your account; and (vi) provide you with a safe, efficient, and customized experience.
2. (b) Analyze and Aggregate Non-Personal Information:
We use aggregate information about our users and non-personal information to analyze Site and user behavior and prepare aggregated reports.
3. (c) Prevent Fraud:
4. (d) Communicate With You:
We use your information to contact you to maintain the Site, your account, your Application Account, to comply with your stated communication preferences, to provide other services requested by you, as described at the time when we collect the information from you, to send you marketing communications, or contact you for other purposes authorized by law.
5. (e) Mobile Data:
We retain information as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations. You consent to our retention of your video viewing tracking data for as long as permissible under applicable law — up to one year after you close your account or otherwise withdraw consent for video tracking.
Information collected on the Site may be shared with:
1. (a) The UBCTV Corporate Family:
We may share the information we collect about you with the UBCTV corporate family, including UBCTV Digital LLC, and our affiliates and subsidiaries, as well as with third-party suppliers. The information may be disclosed to: (i) provide joint content and our services (e.g., registration, transactions, analytics and customer support); (ii) help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts, violations of our policies, fraud and/or data security breaches; and (iii) guide decisions about our, UBCTV or a third-party's products, sites, applications, services, tools and communications. Members of our corporate family will use this information to send you marketing communications and you will have the opportunity to opt-out in email communications.
2. (b) Service Providers and Other Third-Parties:
We may disclose your information to service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as, but not limited to, fraud investigations, advertising, site analytics and operations).
3. (c) Other Entities with Your Consent:
Other third-parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service). On the Site, you may have opportunities to express interest in or register for other services. If you do, we will provide information about you to those third-parties, or parties working on their behalf, to implement your request.
4. (d) Legal and Law Enforcement:
Law enforcement, governmental agencies, or authorized third-parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other UBCTV user to legal liability. In such events, we will only disclose information relevant and necessary to the investigation or inquiry, such as name, city, state, zip code, telephone number, email address, user ID history, IP address, fraud complaints and anything else we may deem relevant to the investigation.
5. (e) Change of Control – New Owners:
6. (f) Ad Networks:
7. (g) Companies in The Mobile App Industry:
If you access the Site through a mobile device, we may also share your information with carriers, operating systems and platforms.
8. (h) Information You Share on the Site
You can control how and when you want to receive notifications from UBCTV on the Site by following instructions within the notices. You may not opt-out of administrative emails (for example, emails about your transactions or policy changes) for your registered account.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
A few additional important things you should know about our use of tracking technologies (e.g., cookies, HTML-5 stored technologies):
• We offer certain features that are available only through the use of tracking technologies.
• We use both session and persistent tracking technologies. Tracking technologies (e.g., cookies) can either be persistent (i.e., they remain on your computer until you delete them) or temporary (i.e., they last only until you close your browser). You are always free to decline tracking technologies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of the Site. Refer to the help section of your browser, browser extensions, or installed applications for instructions on blocking, deleting, or disabling tracking technologies such as cookies.
• With your prior consent as obtained through your use of this Site.
• We encode and protect the tracking technologies that UBCTV sets, so that only we can interpret the information stored in them.
• You may encounter tracking technologies/cookies from our third-party service providers that we have allowed on our Site that assist us with various aspects of our Site operations and services, such as Google Analytics.
• You also may encounter tracking technologies from third-parties on certain pages of the websites that we do not control and have not authorized. (For example, if you view a web page created by another user, there may be a cookie placed by that web page.)
• We may target and track the videos you view on the Site. You consent to our tracking of your video viewing through the Site or third-party social media for up to two years or as permitted by applicable law or until consent is withdrawn.
Accessing, Reviewing, and Changing Your Personal Information
Notice to California and European Economic Area Residents
1. (a) Residents of the State of California may request a list of all third-parties to which our Site has disclosed certain personal information (as defined by California law) during the preceding year for those third-parties' direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and want such a list, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For all requests, you must put the statement "Your California Privacy Rights" in the body of your request, as well as your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. In the body of your request, please provide enough information for us to determine if this applies to you. You need to attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. Please note that we will not accept requests via the telephone, mail, or by facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
2. (b) How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals for California Residents: California Business & Professions Code Section 22575(b) (as amended effective January 1, 2014) provides that California residents are entitled to know how UBCTV responds to "Do Not Track" browser settings. UBCTV does not currently take actions to respond to Do Not Track signals because a uniform technological standard has not yet been developed. We continue to review new technologies and may adopt a standard once one is created.
Our Site may contain links to other third-party websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these third-party sites.
We store and process your information on our servers located in the United States. We maintain technical, physical, and administrative security measures to protect the security of your personal information against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, or alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls, data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers and information access authorization controls. It is your responsibility to make sure that your personal information is accurate and that your password(s) and account registration information are secure and not shared with third-parties.
The Site is a general audience site and it is not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information via our websites, applications, services, or tools from users in this age group.
Notification Regarding Updates
If your questions are not answered online, you may email us email@example.com
• Contact Us
© Copyright 2017 UBC TV NETWORK |